.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Blog of Doom (and maybe some happy stuff, too)

Place where I post movies, and random things about stuff. People like stuff, right? Oh, Shiny things. I KNOW people like shiny things.

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Update!

I went to go see Defiance last night, and it was one of the better movies I have seen in theaters lately. Depicts a lot of hardships people used to have to go through, as well as some philosophical/ethical dilemmas.

Today, I had a doctor's appointment... the MRI results came in. Seems that there is a lot of degeneration in my cervical spine, and the column is narrower than it should be. I also learned that surgery would not be able to fix this problem, which is probably a good thing anyway. It goes nicely with the degenerative disc disorder in my lumbar spine as well. I have gone through physio to ease this, as I know it cannot disappear, but there are still certain limitations that I have... especially on certain days when my back is being fussy.

My doctor also mentioned something about a CT scan, but I hadn't heard anything about getting one before that appointment. Although, I do have an EMG study and consultation later in the next couple of months, to determine if I have carpal tunnel (sp?) syndrome.

Anyway, enough update for now. I am leaving town for a week to look after my aunt's house while she will be on vacation, so maybe I will update again during that time, or afterwards. I'm going to try to say something on here more often than I have before.

Have a good morning! :)

2 Comments:

At 12:10 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haven't seen Defiance, though the previews I saw on TV caught my interest. I don't think I could stand watching another war themed/related movie right now, though; I recently watched "Aimee and Jaguar" (German) and "Another Way" (Hungarian, and by far the most depressing, soul-wrenching film I've ever seen). I've also got two Polish war-related films to watch (can you tell I'm on a foreign movie kick?) that I'm purposely holding off on. Give you some insight and understanding into how much of a mess Eastern Europe was, eh? Interesting to me, since my mom is Polish...

I'm sorry to hear about your MRI results. That sounds... well, highly inconvenient at the very least, considering that you say you've got other spinal issues as well. Is any of this as serious as it sounds? Apologies if this seems nosy, and don't answer if you don't want; it's just that it seems, IMO, any kind of spinal issues elicits an automatic cringe.

Anyway... hope I'm not too ramble. Cheers & be well.

 
At 7:53 p.m., Blogger Ophelia said...

Serious in what sense? I mean, it's definitely long-term, and I have been told that surgery wouldn't really help.... but I still do not count as disabled. I suppose that means I am still capable of doing many things, just omitting a lot of heavy lifting, and repeated bending down. I think I can manage that.

Definitely going to have to put those movies on my list now. You are just trying to distract me from packing aren't you? :P That's alright, as I seem to be doing that anyway haha.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home