.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Blog of Doom (and maybe some happy stuff, too)

Place where I post movies, and random things about stuff. People like stuff, right? Oh, Shiny things. I KNOW people like shiny things.

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Wow

It's been so long since I have updated.... Now, where to start....

Had a summer job as an interpreter for the Northern Tier High Adventure Base in Atitkokan. It was alright, got to meet some interesting people, but it is the kind of job that is not taken for the money. Since we were on contract, we got paid in a lump sum every couple of weeks. Turns out that when we calculated it, we were paid about $1.20 an hour.

Also got called a guide a lot, even though that's not what we were. Interpreters get paid a LOT less than guides, and we teach scouts to do things, instead of doing everything ourselves.

Now, I am in a VERY tight bind with money these days, what with having none, and tuition due in about 3 days. Trying to look for a job, but nothing comes out of it. I wish employers would call and tell you that you did not get the job, instead of having you wait on them. Maybe I will swallow my pride and get my job at the doughnut shop back. If they have an opening for me anymore.

I was so accident prone when I was out in the woods. I had: an infected tick bite, scald, nasty sunburn and skin irritation from the antibiotics for tick bite, scrapes, cuts, mosquito bites (normal), among other things. I also got hit in the head with a canoe twice, and a paddle once. Oh, and I had a chunk of my finger sliced off. Healed nicely.

Pirates of the Carribean: Dead Man's Chest was an awesome movie. Effects were well done, and the storyline was as well. Although a couple parts were confusing, such as certain characters coming back when they were supposed to be (I think) gone forever. Also leads in nicely to another sequel, which will hopefully be just as good (or better) than the last two.

Clerks 2 was great too. Although it's been a while since I have seen the first one, I don't think it really matters, as it doesn't really have much to do with the first, with the exception of the building and a few of the characters. A little too cheesy romance for me (I don't like girly movies at all), but it balances out the sometimes very strange funny parts nicely.

Super Troopers is just an all-around funny movie. Even romantic bits turn out funny in the end.
V for Vendetta is an interesting movie about an experiment coming back for revenge against the people and government that created it. Some parts are confusing if you don't really watch in some places, but it's entertaining all the same.

I think that's all for tonight. I'll try to update if I think of things, such as getting a job, or watching another movie or something. But for now, have a good night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home