.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Blog of Doom (and maybe some happy stuff, too)

Place where I post movies, and random things about stuff. People like stuff, right? Oh, Shiny things. I KNOW people like shiny things.

Friday, January 27, 2006

Another Movie, Among other things...

Diary of a Mad Black Woman

I have never heard of this movie before I went to the video store. I thought it would be funny, like the cover seems to suggest, and it was, for parts of it. It was more like a comedy/drama..... a funny chick-flick. Now, I normally don't watch chick-flicks, but this one was pretty good. It depicts a marriage fallen apart, a mentally abused woman and her insane grandma. Good fun, although there are some really sad elements in it.

Blade Runner

A sci-fi, cyberpunk flick filmed in the 80's (I'm pretty sure it was around then). Interesting story, but it was insane. Good for a philosophy class analysis. It opens with a retired "blade runner" (which they explain) forced to track down and kill renegade robots. Kind of cheesy graphics, but what would you expect from a cyberpunk in the 80's? So check it out, especially if you like Harrison Ford.


February is going to be brutal money-wise. Whoo. I have to pay for: the last deposit on last year's tuition, a GPS training course, a Benthic Biomonitoring training course, credit card payment, and payment on my student line of credit. At least after all that's done, I get to save up for tuition for next year, as well as make payments on my line of credit, so it doesn't look so bad. I'll figure it out somehow.

Working on my exercise "regimen", and I think I'm doing rather well so far. I just have to remember that I'm doing it for my boyfriend (just to get in better shape... not a losing weight thing), and/or a Co-op job in the summer, otherwise I would probably not exercise at all. I don't know what's with me... I just don't do anything when it's for me.

But enough of this for now. I'm off to bed or something. We'll see.
Good night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home