.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Blog of Doom (and maybe some happy stuff, too)

Place where I post movies, and random things about stuff. People like stuff, right? Oh, Shiny things. I KNOW people like shiny things.

Friday, January 06, 2006

Whoo

Waay too long since I've been on here. College does that to a person, I guess. Ergh, too many payments, not enough money to make them!

I had three jobs before Christmas holidays, and things were going pretty good, but then I bought way too much stuff, and haven't been working much at all at the other two jobs.

At least I'm not in University; I would be spending a hella lot more money there than I am now. Still, blah blah, expensive, books, tuition, etc. Whatever.

Anywhoo....

Been a bit behind with the movie-posting on here, so I will try to remember some that I've seen since the last post (no promises, however). Here goes:

King Kong
Now, I haven't seen the original movie yet, and I probably should before I review this movie, but I won't. It seemed to me that the proportion of the giant gorilla seemed to change throughout the movie, appearing smaller than originally thought in other scenes. I was kind of surprised, too, that Jack Black could perform decently in a more serious role than he is usually known for. Although he has a more serious role, there are some amusing bits in the storyline. Interesting graphics, and I don't know if anyone reading this has seen the original, but does it have dinosaurs in it? Seemed kind of odd to me, but it doesn't completely ruin the movie... the last line in the production does. *very corny*. But, still go see it, have some laughs, and throw things at the people with cell phones on.

Syriana
A very interesting movie, although it may be hard to tell what is going on at first, since it focuses on several different stories involving the main characters, and sort of connects them together during the end. Enjoyed it very much, and sympathized with the "Canadian" (aka, George Clooney), especially at the end. Kind of some gorey scenes, if you call pulling a guy's fingernails out of their rightful place gorey. Not really into that. Was that based on a true story or something like that? I can't remember. If you like the government and/or industry conspiracy kind of movies, then go see this one.

More movies to come VERY soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home