.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Blog of Doom (and maybe some happy stuff, too)

Place where I post movies, and random things about stuff. People like stuff, right? Oh, Shiny things. I KNOW people like shiny things.

Friday, January 27, 2006

Even more movies (from before)

I'm trying something.


Leon The Professional
The main bad-guy character in this movie reminds me of Willem Dafoe in Boondock Saints, but not as creepy as that character. Much more drugged out, especially for a DEA officer. This movie is about the best assassin in the business helping a little girl in his apartment complex whose family is gunned down by this bad guy (Gary Oldman). Not as gorey as one might think, this movie has its funny moments, and its downright disturbing ones. An interesting and well put-together story about a man and his houseplant. (And you'll have to see the movie in order to get that.)

Narnia
I was hoping that they would put out a production of the Magician's Nephew before the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, but that book is sometimes referred to as the last book in the series, a prequel to the rest, which explains the origin of how a connection to Narnia was made. Good graphics, but at parts, it was easy to tell that they were fake (if looking carefully). All-in-all, the movie was as imaginative as the book was, and I suggest reading the book as well as watching the movie in order to compare the two. Not just a children's movie, but more than Harry Potter, which seems to scare younger children. Haven't seen the newest movie yet, but I'm counting on going to see it. Scary-looking witch, and I suppose that's what they were going for, but the hair.... wow. Kind of ugly.

And that concludes the movies that I can think of seeing lately. No remember any more. Hopefully, I won't wait as long to post again as I did. Oh, on a totally different note, does anyone out there need a Co-op student for the summer? I need a Co-op for my environmental technician program this summer. Well, don't really need it as it is optional, but it would be a waste of $400 if I don't get one. The website for my program is at http://www.confederationc.on.ca/environmental/calendar/default.asp if anyone would like to peruse through and figure out the program I'm in. They even fixed it up all a-pretty-pretty yesterday. Well, back to stuff for me. I'll post later on, someday, if I find more stuff to talk about.

Oh yes, and Happy New Year's to you people! Hope you had a price-gouging good time at Christmas, and enjoyed the Boxing Day/Week grab-a-thon at the malls. Personally, I just bought a whole bunch of things on the 23rd, and now I don't have to step into the mall until around my boyfriend's birthday, unless my hampster needs food or something chewy.

Anyway, enough blabbering for me! I'm off!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home